Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The blessings come

Dear family!
 
Glad to hear Mette, Anna, and Cami are all doing well. Mom and Dad, rest up! I hear the weather of there is tough.
 
TRANSFERS!!!!! I have a new comp from Honduras! And Í´m still in Junin! haha It´s only the greatest area!
I know it´s only been 4 days, but I feel like Hermana Godoy is an angel. I just love the way she thinks and quick she is to obey. Although she´s tiny and the bike is tough, she never complains. (I´ve been with bikes over 8 months! Walking feels awkard) We started teaching together and saw a lot of miracles this week. The family Teran is a family that, after a lot of prayer and door-knocking, Hermana Figuero and I found. We basically prayed for a miracle and here they are! They have been prepraed to hear the gospel. The father actually has 2 sisters who are already members and he´s already prepared for baptism with elderes ten years before! Who would have ever thought? They came to church yesterday and didn´t want to leave. Fit right in the members and everything. Here we were praying to find a family and we found one---I still am a little starstruck. Our lessions feel like a missionary movie. Just a sweet, humble family who are making all the connects by themselves, we´re just teaching the gospel here.
 
Everything I just wrote above sounds so easy. I´ve gained a testimony that the Lord loves us. He loves our investigadores. He obviously wants them to be baptized too and will do everything he can do for the miracles to happen. I know we are capable of miracles. I know that when we have faith and are patiently looking for answers to prayer, that the Lord provides a way. We just need to work with all diligence, being meticulously obedient. We need to be happy and don´t give our doubts attention. A lot of times people wonder what Christ-like attribute they need to develope to see more success in the mission. I know what it´s like, I´ve done it...but that´s not how it works. When we are anxiously serving other people and focosing on our investigadors (family, friends, teachers...) When we complete forget about ourselves or what attribute we hope to achieve and just lose it... we become different people. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that if want to know how we can better "lose it" we should take a quiet moment and read. I´m thankful for the faith of Nephi and Alma, the lñoving boldness Moroni. Ok so I could mention everyone but I¨m not going to ha. I hope every one of you can take a moment to read the book of mormon and ponder how you can love someone better. Whether it means being more respectful, physically serving someone, or writing a letter...I promise that you feel so much happier! And it´s long-term. Love you all!
 
Hna Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment