Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Special Week

This week was special. Just felt the spirit a lot in lessons and saw miracles.

Our first miracle
 We were teaching an older woman, susan, who is a very hard-core Jdub and accepted us into her home just to see if she could convert us. Literally asked us when we were going to switch religions. I laughed and said (happily) that I could never do that. She wasnt´offended, just curious when she asked me ¨why not?¨ I told her that I couldn´t deny what I know to be true. And I know that the church we represent is the only true church there is. She asked us how we could ever know that. Ding! We taught her the restoration. Just the whole lesson, I can´t really remember the details, but it was all spirit. We just focused in on her. The questions were inspired so that she literally taught herself. She understood everything in the end. (afterwards, hna morales and I turned to eachother and said, now why can´t EVERY LESSON  be like that!) It was an intense lesson, and in the end we had a tender moment as she started to cry. . We let her know, that were here for no benefit of our own, but to help her know and come to the truth. It was amazing that the spirit changed this older women, from being defensive, to accepting the truth. It will take a lot of courage for her to now act on what she knows is true. A lot of familia tradition...her whole social spectrum. She let us know that she would pray about it. I pray she can always remember the spirit she felt when the mormon missionaries knocked on her door. The lesson was a miracle. Her coming to church....would be the miracle of the century! 

Yesterday Daniela let us know that she, along with her family has seen a change in herself. It has been 4 months of missionaries...and she´finally admitted that she knows she needs to be baptized. It was a miracle. I just wish you all you see how she has transitioned. We read mosiah 5 ver 2 together. The spirit has motivated her to know the truth, and it seems she just wants more and more of it. She has stopped playing basketball on sundays and has stopped staying up late with friends to come to church ( we just taught the commandment and she made the connect herself) What 22 year old does that? Daniela is an example to me of someone very strong, someone honest, and someone prepared to hear the gospel. She will be on of my most worthy converts. I love her!

I know this church is true! This is just the best!

Love, 
Hna Cleveland




1. this is my mission baby. Knew him since he was in his mom´s tummmy until now. This family was in Junin and moved to Bragado. His name is Bruno. 
2. Hna alldredge gave us chicken noodle soup. It was a dream to eat vegetables. Tasted like american cooking...maybe because it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment