Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I'm hot you're cold

Dear Family,
 
President came to Junin this week and took us 6 our to dinner and icecream. We had a lot of success this past month, plus it´s just something he does for missionaries out here in el campo. He´s great!
 
Funny experience. So everyone has heard Joseph Smith´s first vision...well at the end in spanish it´s not. ¨Hear ye him¨it´s Escuchalo!¨ Which is more like Listen to him! a command right. Well we´re teaching older couple, gma gpa status, and I recite the first vision. And in the very end I turn to the grandma and say Jose, este es mi hijo amado...Escuchalo!¨ And she kinda jumps in her chair and says ¨¨I´m listening! I´m listening!¨ It was funny. Dad, use your good story telling skills to make this as funny as it actually was. Thanks!
 
I feel like the time is flying here in Junin. Something that I´ve learned is that when we do everything we possible can, that´s when the blessings come, aka, that´s when our investigators come to church! I´m grateful to have leaders who basically showed us all that anyone can do this work. The ZL had 14 in sacrament meeting.  Anyone who is worthy and listens to the spirit and gives every bit of their time to the Lord. So that´s my goal this week, to dedicate every minute to the Lord.
I´ve been reading in Helaman and learning about Nephi, how he persuades the Lord to send a famine to humble the nefites instead of allowing another war to start. This last week we dropped a lot of our fechas, ones that we had been clinging to for a long time, and we started looking for news. You could say we we had a 3-day-famine. We started visiting investigadores antiguos and started knocking doors. We found people! We always ask to find those whom the Lord has prepared but this week we did our part. The doors don´t knock themselves. I´m happy because I feel like we can do it. My faith has grown. The people are there!
 
Story about Ricardo:
A month ago we were riding bikes and Hermana Figueroa contacted Ricardo who gave us his direction. One that we´d had no idea where it was (We we had an idea but it was sooooo far away.) We tried looking on the map and couldn´t find it. We lost his name as we started focusing on other people. Yesterday we had a little time to explore just how big our area is. We went deep campo (the streets don´t have signs here) and were knocking doors when Hermana Figuero remembered Ricardo. We gave him a call. His directions were confusing. Follow the trail, when you see cabbage turn left, I live in the small pink house a ways down. ? We went for it. It was a long trip, but worth it. He´s someone prepared to hear the gospel. I know that when we follow the promptings given to us, and don´t doubt, that we´ll see blessings.
Omar came to church this past week. He´s our investigador who has been preparing for baptism for the month of January but hasn´t been keeping his committments concerning the word of wisdom. We´re praying to see a miracle and that we can have the words to say and that we can know how to be better. His heart is a little hard, but I know that the spirit can help him experience a change. We´re praying for omar this week!
 
Family I love you! Thanks for talking to me this past week. How fun it was to talk and see how ever one has grown. Be good to eachother, and don´t let pride and impatience win! Seriously, if you´re having a bad day, take a chill pill....just love eachother! President talked about pride this week in his message to the missionaries. I´ll copy and past it and send it to you.
 
ok ok Love you!
hna Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment