Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Baptisms! Agus and Gabriela!

This week I´ve been studying about what it means to be humble and truly repentent. Reading in Alma 32:19-20 I learned that we get what we work for. I learned that with true repentence comes a change in conduct. There is progression and very few mistakes are repeated. I have come to feel and understand that I am a child of God. It´s interesting to me that true faith and desires to follow God become stronger after we are tried. And then with the success the Lord gives us, we become firmer in the faith. These past two weeks we have been setting goals , but I think that we haven´t finished what we set out do to which is to find families. I think that the goals we set need to be more specific and that we need to pay more attention to these goals on a daily basis. When we are a diligent in finishing our daily goals, the bigger goals will come.  Reading in alma this past week I was reminded that it´s by doing the small things that makes the big things happen. We´ve set a goal to stop the bikes and talk with every family we see on the side on the road. Also to ask everyone for references. I´m excited to see the blessings that will come when we take our goals seriously.
Also! Agustina was baptized yesterday. I am blessed to witness the change she has made. Her parents were really stiff in the beginning but were desperate for someone to help their daughter so they allowed us to teach the lessons. I wish you could see the change! Her mom was crying at the baptism and at this point they will do anything to help Agustina stay active in the church. All of this was made possible because a recent convert decided it´d be a good idea to invite their neighbors to hear the gospel. It goes to show that we never know. I´m praying for the family of Agus to follow her example and I´m excited to see what the Lord has in store for them. I love Agustina and I will care for her my whole life. I feel as if I knew her before this life and that it was a part of my mission to find her. We are so blessed to be here!

Thanks for all your prayers and your support! I love you all!

Hna Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment