Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy Lunes

Dear Family,  
Yesterday we had a special training with president and the leaders in el campo. We were doing practices for 5 hours! Changed my mission and I learned everything I¨m doing wrong teaching. It was tough stuff, but It was good to know how to change! Grateful for my leaders and the power that comes from teaching with the spirit. 
 
 Today I was interested in what the scripture 2 Nephi 9:39 says. Specifically when it talks about "yielding to the enticings of that cunning one." That when we know the rules and decide to just not do anything versus making a conscious decision to disobey- that it´s the same thing. There is no neutral, we cannot serve both God and mammon (3 Nefi 13:24) and those who say otherwise are looking for excuses. I loved when Nephi talks about how we need to bear the "crosses of the world." Despite all opposition we have the promise from the Lord that our "joy will be full forever" when we are bold and serve with love. And who doesn´t want that?! We have several investigadors who have their challenges and seem to make every excuse to make themselves feel better- but that is not where true joy comes from. We can never compare God with changes we see in the word.

Yesterday we saw a miracle. We had been praying for the Lord to help us find someone who already had visited the church and had attendence that would be prepared to hear the gospel and be baptized this month. We knew we were praying for a lot, but we promised to do everything we could to be worthy to see such a blessing. Yesterday we met and talked with Louis, an antiguo investigator, who let us know that he had been reading the Book of Mormon. His question basically was "how many times do I need to go to church before I can be baptized?" ?! I know the Lord answers prayers!
 
I love you all!
And this is short but it´s what I got!
 
Hna Cleveland
ps. mom, president told us to tell our parent not to us Fedez or UPS or DHL. Also we´re only allowed 4 packages every year. And hey! It´s a new year! :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment