Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Buena Dia!

Dear Family,

Remember Luis? The 21 year old boy who I found crossing Grido Icecream? Or rather, he found us. I remember the moment. Riding our bikes home and we decide to stop and contact someone on the side of the road. I make eyecontact with Luis and he comes running out. The missionaries! Goes to show that every small thing we do counts. He had talked with missionaries before but decided that he wasn´t interested in living the commandments. Now time later, Luis returned, only a lot more prepared. I´m so happy! He has now  completely quit smoking. Going on 3-4 weeks now. When he understood the commandments he decided that his girlfriend and friends weren´t good news and weren´t helping him. I see this change in Luis and thing how? Why not before? How sad the other missionaries must have felt, one year atras. I know that everyone has a time and is being prepared to hear the gospel. I know that every little thing I do on the mission counts. Every person I talk to matters. So just remember that. Every small act of kindness counts.  Maybe we´re transferred to another area, or we never live to see the results we were looking for, but sharing is what counts. I feel happy for Luis.

Gabriela will be baptized this Saturday! She picked the day and hour and is super prepared. I remember knocking her door, also remember when she almost stopped taking the discusiones. I was with my last comp Hermana Godoy and she walked outside to let us know that she wasn´t really into this whole mormon thing. I remember I was really shocked. But felt like we couldn´t leave her without teaching the restoration.You shouldn´t do that ever. We had only taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ and so I pushed. I let her know that we respected her and her decision, but had prepared a lesson that would be special and would resolve some of the doubts she´d been having. Well she accepted (this wasn´t a super happy moment) After teaching the restoration, everything changed! EVERYTHING. Since this day she has been eager and happy to listen to the missionaries, come to church...everything. She has hope that one day her family can enter into the temple together. Another testimony that the small things matter. Sometimes you need to push a little. This isn´t a matter of ¨do you like it or not¨it´s a matter of our salvation. And if we all understood, I think we´d put in a little more effort.I´m just happy that in these moments with Gabriela, the spirit told me to push a little and that I had enough sense to listen. I pray for the courage to act on what the spirit tells me everyday.

Well I´m happy! Agustina and Maria are preparing for this saturday as well. Working with Hermana MOrales is great. I feel like we both just want it so bad. The greatest happiness comes when we see how the gospel changes people, including ourselves. This is the truth church of Jesus Christ!

Love, Hna Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment