Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bautismo, Maria :)))))

Dear family,

Hey! I miraculously got your package when no one else in the whole mission is receiving packages right now. Mom, thanks for putting it all together. It´s more than I could have ever expected or wanted. Wow!

Dad, thanks for writing me a letter in spanish. That made me feel good too. 

Well this week was special because Maria was baptized. From the start she was prepared to hear the gospel. We honestly did nothing but invite her to read and pray, and she did the rest. Capa!!!! Someone humble and happy to follow Christ. She loves coming to church.

Well...this is short, but after a year and 2 months on the mission I´ve learned a few things....

- obedience = freedom
- the material things don´t bring happiness
- spanish (I hope)
- to trust more in what God wants and to let go of my own self
- that we are children of God, and that He loves us
- true repentance brings about a permanent change
- to do things now

We will always have hard times, and during these times it´s really easy to think about how the future will be better. I´ve learned to appreciate what I´m doing NOW, to be happy NOW, and to see the good. Hard work TODAY makes all the difference. I´ve seen a change. The whole mission is changing. Just a ton of faith, great leaders, and blessings from the Lord. I´m so blessed to be in the mission during this time. Attached are pictures of richard and Maria...and me! 

I love you all! Prepare for conference this saturday, it´s going to be big! Talk to you about it later...

ok ok Love you!

hna Cleveland



No comments:

Post a Comment