Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bragado

Querido familia,
 
It was the most exciting thing when President called the four ¨campo¨ hermanas into his office. (South and North) We were all seated on the couch when he let us know we were sitting in the wrong place...huh? That´s right, it´s time to switch things up! I was so happy. Never thought president would put Hermana Morales as my comp as well as move me south! 

Bragado vs. Junin. I thought Junin was the campo. I´m in the real pueblo out here. A lot smaller. Everyone knows eachother. The greatest blessing is that the church is right in the center and people know exactly what we´re talking about when we invite them. We also have a senor missionary couple, President and Hermana Aldrige from Arizona, who are doing everything to make sure the ward is alright. They litterally are visiting and calling memers all day. They have maximized their calling and are examples to me. The members are strong and are always offering to help the missionaries. So it´s different. I´m grateful for the chance I have to live my mission in the campo. People say it´s hard, buy it´s really not. Just different. I was touched by how my first day in Bragado, every person we visited prayed for me. I love Junin, it was hard to leave...March was all set to go, but it´s already been 5 days and Bragado feels like home. 

Something special that happened during the week that happened. Hermana Morales explained who we´d be visiting and mentioned Oscar, a man who has been investigating the church for nearly 3 months already.I think a lot of other hermanas lost patience with him. Knows everything, but has yet to gain a testimony of the BOM. We were in the lesson and Oscar was talking about how the sabbath day should be saturday when I felt the strong impression to cut whatever he was saying and let him know the real reason why he hasn´t been baptized. Do you know this is true? Yes... Then why have you done nothing? This is your salvation! We are here because we care about you. What are YOU willing to do? We were all a little surprised after that, but the spirit was very strong. Finally, he stopped with the little excuses and said that really he just lacked the will to do it, to read and pray about the BOM. We set a goal, that for 22 days he´d read the BOM everyday. We´re praying for Oscar this month.

Also made a friend, Augustina. She is very shy and doesn´t have many friends. We contacted her family who weren´t all that interested but Augustina showed interested. Came to church on Sunday as well as Mariah Hill (our grandma investigador!) We were expecting more but hey, happy for Agu and Hermana Maria. 

I know that the Lord provides a way when we do our part. We can´t ever be lost when we are obedient. 

Thanks for writing me! Love you!

Hna Cleveland



Agus and I (it was like pulling teeth to take this picture)
 Hermana MOrales!!!
 Bragado!

No comments:

Post a Comment