Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Talents!

HI family,
 
Alright, I´ll start out and just say it...I´m not the best but I can fake play a little guitar. Well, we were with a less active family and we weren´t connecting, they weren´t really interested in hearing a spiritual message....well they mentioned the guitar. And I just go for it. I start playing. I remember the days when dad would start playing nothing and making up songs about every person in the room and how everone felt good when the song was just goofy. It could have been a really embarrassing moment talking about hermana cooking whatever and hermano doing the laundry, but they loved it. Started singing along. Oooooo! The sun, it´s yellow! Yeah! Just gained a lot of trust and in the end I felt like because we let them see a little bit of ourselves (missionaries are people!) they began to trust that our love was real. Whether you´re the best or mediocre...use your talent! Everyone´s a lot happier.
 It´s been a rough two weeks witht the rain storms in Junin...rough because we didn´t see a lot of investigadors or members in the church. Not an excuse. The blessings when we go to church are huge! Just need our investigadors to feel it!
 
Highlights of the week. We found 3 families! We were praying and praying to find a family, and the Lord blessed us with three. Now we just need to rely on the spirit and really put in the practices so they can progress. These practices have changed the way we teach. Nine out of our ten new investigadors accepted a fecha bautismal and I think it´s because we´re more focused on listening to the spirit. I´m really happy about that.
 
We´ve been teaching Luis. I feel like there a lot of people confused when it comes to religion. They just want to know which church is true. I love testifying about the Book of Mormon. Everyone believes Dios loves all his children and will talk and reach out to them all. The Book of Mormon is evidence that our Heavenly Father is a loving God. Luis began to understand this yesterday...a great feeling.
 
Hermana Godoy are great. I don´t know where time has gone. The sisters in the zone are seeing success. They are the best!
 
Wow. Two short letters in a row. Forgive me...but I read all your lettersand tried to respond!
 
Love you all!
 
hna Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment