Wednesday, July 2, 2014

All diligence

So hello family,

HOw´s everyone? Is it getting hot? We´re litterally freezing our feet off here in Bragado. The wind is crazy.

Detalles
We bough gnuchis. I´m not sure if I spelled it right. Actually I´m sure I spelled it wrong. Mom there´s so good! You should learn how to make them. Every 29 of the month everyone makes them and yep. Son rico. Pasta.

Cleaned the church this past week. Lonely. I remember cleaning riverview ward with a ton of people. It´s an army over there.

Ummm. We had interviews with President the other day and we (us the elders, president and the family alldridge) all ate dinner at the home the the family alldrdge. She cooks like Grandma Boyer, it´s so weird, but very appreciated. Gave us chicken noodle soup the other day- I couldn´t believe it! 

There´s not a lot to say about this week. I won´t say it was a downer, becuase it was good, but we didn´t see the results we wanted. We´ve been working with several people who were super committed in coming to church and we didn´t know what to think when they didn´t come. Agency.....We´re really studying chapter 9 of pmg. How to FIND. It´s interesting, I´ve never had a really hard time finding people. Finding the Lord´s chosen people, yes, it´s been hard, but finding people who are just willing to listen? Hermana Morales and  have started something called a 40 day fast where we put a list of things we are going to do better for forty days and then will obviously continue afterwards. It´s to develop the habit. For example, stop the bike for every family we see in the street, asking eveybodyfor references, families to reactivate, baptism date for every new investigador, 5 minutes early to everything....simple things that will help us use our time wisely and allow the Lord to bless us.

The other day Hermana Morales and I walked into our pench at the end of the day and kneeled down to pray and plan...when I got up and sat down in my chair, I looked to see Hna Morales still on the grownd, resting her head on the seat. Without lifting her head she said "Hermana.....I´m tired." Good. I said. It was a nice moment, we tired-laughed (not a lot cuz obviously we were tired) and then continued planning. In my interview with President he let us know that we have the best companionship in the mission, that we have the best area (seriously, having hte family alldredge in the ward changes everything) and that there are people chosen, waiting for us. We´re praying and doing everything we can to find them. The Lord knows what He´s doing.

I hope that together this week you can reach out to another family and provide then a chance to hear the gospel. Use the pool. A great missionary tool, the pool.

I love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment