Tuesday, June 25, 2013

We are here! We are here! We are here!


Right about now I´m thinking this is the hardest keyboard I have typed on y et. And I´m in Argentina! It´s a shame I didn´t bring my camera with me and you could see all the things I´m seeing here. Day one was overwhelming. Sat  next to these two Argentinian princes (but really) and had several disucussions about the word of wisdom, book of mormon throughout our 10 hr flight. They got a kick out of our spanish(the plane probably had about 30 missionaries. Geez a lot!) Anyways, it was good.

More the the culture shock I´m experiencing "mission shock¨" This mission is so different. And it´s my mission! Only the best mission in the world! President Carter has got to be the strictest person I know in a good way. He reminds me of Uncle Larry alot. An accountant, successful, hardworking, no exucuses kind of guy. Him and Sister Carter are great. Another huge difference, I have gone from meticulously searching for that one person to suddenly living in a place where every person is that "one person." It¨s overwhelming. Mom and Pops don´t worry. President basically placed me in the richest safest place in the mission. Sister Salas and I are opening a new area here in Castelar. It´s the roads that kill you I tell you! I´m working on not tripping on the time, don´t want to get sent home for breaking my foot. Lame.

Well we put five people on date this week and had five at church. That would be 10 huge milagros! E y P ( in their 80s) are super sweet and are excited to be baptized in two weeks. E has a huge personality. They last time we visited her she wanted to measure the length of my legs. I´m tall. All the old people call me rubia (don´t know what the problem is here. everyone struggles with cleveland!

My favorite experience of the week was sister salas and I were walking, crossed paths with a couple women chatting up a storm. Kept walking...but still, minutes after I could not get that cross walk out of my head. I asked hma what she thought (litterally, didn´t have the words to say more ha) and she told me "you´re right. I felt something too. Let´s go back." Ended up finding a sweet woman, walking home who had had a history with the missionaries in the united states. She invited us over for a lesson. When I walk by people in the streets now without giving them a passalong card I feel guilty. These people literally are standing right in front of me waiting for me to say something. Serving in utah has helped me value more the circumstances I have here. I´m here to invite EVERYONE to come unto Christ. that´s my purpose.

Well, all in all I´m great. Alive. Still a little on edge with stuff. Took the train today for the first time. How many ppl can you shove into one station? Too many!!! Counted. Everything´s different, but good.
 I have never respected a sister missionary like I respect sister salas. She is meticulously obedient and does everything out of love. Lucky to have her. she is the best!


Love, Hermana Cleveland

Shout out to my friend Royce!! Oreo night is still alive. STILL! and it´s the greatest. Didn´t get it before...no one can get it  unless they´re here I think. yep.

(the mission has oreo night every thursday after planning...really random but I like oreos so all is well)

No comments:

Post a Comment