Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fun Happenings

Fun happenings of the week. 
We had a family share some homemade slush with us and the hermano accidentally poured too much dye into my companiera's cup to make it green. She had green teeth the rest of the night. Our cita ended up canceling and the only positive we could see out of that is we avoided teaching a lesson with green teeth. Really awkward haha. The kids started calling sister arias hermana hulk.
Get this. We had a service project in the yard of a progressing family and we layed down sod, only we worked the dirt for hours before that. It was fun being with everyone but o we were zombies afterwards. That was hard work. The service project was for a family which first, finding them was a miracle and is a whole other story and second, it really opened theirs hearts to hear the gospel. We have a fhe with them tonight. 5 kids, it's going to be fun. Miracle family.

I feel like in the last 2 weeks I've done a lot of lawn mowing...4. Sister arias had never touched a lawn mower in her life so..o! You should have seen her face! She was laughing and smiling the whole time! The most random, happiest moment of the week, watching her mow grass!
Yesterday I was talking with an inactive member- Ana. We were having this conversation and it was all really random. I knew her mother wasn't a member. The whole time I was really concentrating on how I could really make a connect with Ana and her mother both. A small thought of mentioning family history work came to my head and at first I thought of how to connect it to our conversation. And there was no connection! Now that's the worst. I decided to come out with it anyway. Why not? Topic switch! And nowww we're going to talk about family history! It felt right. After I asked her if her of her mother had ever been interested in family history she looked at me with this shocked expression. Turns out  they had a conversation earlier that day, and her mother is super interested in doing family history work. she told me we had to be on the same wavelength (which we absolutely were not! ha!) and was super energetic about the whole conversation. The spirit helped me out. Felt good.
Every time I take the leap of faith I see the blessings. Finding the family lope was a miracle. Finding anyone here in layton is a miracle. I've learned I can do better...I need to have more faith sometimes. There's no feeling like following the spirit! Blesses my life and everyone I talk to when I do.
Love,
Hermana Cleveland



Hulk Sister!!

No comments:

Post a Comment