Monday, June 10, 2013

Walking the Streets of Temple Square. Ahora!

Hola familia,

We were able to go to the temple this morning and yeah, that's a highlight for the whole transfer. Love my district and the sister's I'm with.

I'm now comps with Sister Arias from Guatemala. Pushing spanish this transfer.
Here are two funny things that have happened this week (with sister Arias)
- Randomly plucked a flower off a tree and started eating it. Normal, I gave her a weird look and she said "Whaaat? Is good!" 
- This week a gardener had pulled a weed and she ran to it and thought it was a nice plant. At our next investigator's door, she genuinely offered them the plant. "You want? You can have!" And then continued to tell them how to plant and water it. It was so funny! All so genuine!
She has me laughing all the time. The other sisters too. Sister Walker and Sister Adorable. This transfer needs to stop moving so quick!

So this week I've been studying prayer and how to know when I'm receiving answers to them. Been writing down my prayers this week. Focusing on remembering what I'm praying for. Figure the more I remember, the more miracles I'll be blessed to witness. The change I didn't expect (at least not this much) is that I'm noticing blessings I haven't paid attention to before. I sure take a lot for granted. Seeing more blessings motivates be to share I have more with others. I feel like my mind is going crazy! The more I realize, the more energy I have to find. FINDING here in my area has been a struggle and has tested my faith. But I'm starting to feel like I'm finally getting over myself. All I want to do is talk anyone who will listen. It's the weirdest feeling walking down the street and looking (peripherals and all ha) for any sign of a moving living person. We found 5 new investigators this week! That's a miracle!


Well family, I love you. Hopefully you all can tell, I love my mission! Life is no breeze, but when you're working hard for something the positives can't be beat. 





No comments:

Post a Comment