Monday, July 15, 2013

This is the Place


Familia,

This is Hermana Cleveland informing YOU that this is the place. This is my mission and I LOVE it. My mind hurts from all this thinking.

Some details on hma salas:

She´s from pero. Lima pero :)

She works like no other missionary I´ve seen before.

It was HER idea to celebrate the 4th of july! We are for sure friends. (making some american food to celebrate. Including.... popcorn! She´s all about the popcorn for some reason I´m not to sure why haha)


K this is going to be short.

This week I had the chance to meet a young boy and his family. I can honestly say I love this family. They have nothing but the clothes on their backs. They don´t have much food. Their lives have been way harder than what I´ve ever known. I always knew that people didn´t have around the world, but this is the first time loving and being  close with a family who has literally nothing but a shack. We shared a little bit about how we´re all children of God that he has a plan for us and wants to bless us. As we taught the lessons the grandfather started to cry. O family, was I crying. It´s humbling to see people who don´t know when they´ll next eat. I feel sad walking in the streets, and at the same time all I want is to give. I really have everything. My life in comparison to some, many...it´s perfect. I am thankful to be here in Argentina because it has allowed me to value what I have. I´m not teaching these people, they are teaching me. Only a week and my experiences have giving me another perspective. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it changes and blesses the family.

I hope you´re all working hard and doing good things. Count your blessings! There´s no way in this world we could ever count them all!

Love you all,

Hermana Cleveland

ps. I don´t know what it is. Pictures won´t download on this computer. Next week maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment