Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Getting Used to Cobblestone

Hola!
 Not a lot of time but I´m going to load some pictures for you.

Junin is beautiful place. Freezing, but beautiful. 

Couple things:
We live far, so sometimes we have zone meetings on the telephone. Singing the opening hymn this morning was interesting haha.

Went to the hospital in Junin and sang hymns for the patients who have mental illnesse there. One of them is the picture below, Sandra Fuego. She is a gem! Loves everyone. 

Celebrated Dia del Nino with the ward. We´re teaching several families who have kids and it was fun visiting with them and having them interact with the ward.

Well we´re working hard...

Hermana Morales and I have been working on visiting all the less active members in our hour area and saw miracles in the capilla this past sunday. We had knocked on a door of Hermano Ricardo who hadn´t been to church for 3 years and really did nothing but invite him to come to church for the next morning (it was about time to head back home) He responded with enthusiasm that it was about time he came back and he was ready. Yes! The next morning, there was Ricardo in the capilla. He had brought a friend who later agreed to listen to the lessons as well as a fecha for the 31 de augusto. His name is Claudio. These past months I´ve seen the change the spirit brings. Those who have gone inactive, or those investigators we have deferred- in that time where we´re not teaching and they´re not keeping those commandments- they´re not feeling the spirit like before. For Hermano Ricardo, it was plain as day that he had missed doing those things that invite the spirit. I´ve seen that, sometimes, all people need is an invitacion. Sister Morales and I have had some great conversaciones in the street. Some have accepted a return appointment, some not, but I don´t let the ones who don´t accept get me down. These are the moments that will prepare them for the day when they will accept the invitacion because of positive experiences before.

A couple things about Hermana Morales. She is patient and she is generous. I started this traslado and those were two attributes I noticed right away and continue to see day by day. It´s a part of who she is. I admire that.

I love Junin!

PS. Mom! Could you call my debit card? ha I forgot to let them know I´m in argentina already...the EECU. 

I´m glad the beach went well for all and that you´re being a missionary familia! Keep it up!

Love, Hermana Cleveland


pics. Guillermo, this boy was silent as a rock when we started teaching his mom. Had been 2 weeks when one day I noticed they had a couple tenis balls. I started to juggle and ever since that day we´ve been friends. He practices everyday and is begging to show me everytime we visit. He´s also obssessed with singing hymns. Great family!

No comments:

Post a Comment