Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Short and Sweet

Familia! 

I don´t have time for nada today, so I hope to respond to all of you all individually next week ok? Hold the emails! haha Catch-up work to do...I still love you all :)

Quote of the week  "Nobody practices more than professional golfers." 
Thank you president!

Ooooooook! Miracles of the week.

Almost finished with all my laundry today.

Sun!

Pablo and Leonor were baptized this week and are unhurt safe and sound in their homes this very moment. Pablo is 82 annnnnd Leonor is 91! That´s right. I haven´t talked about then much. We found them in our carpeta and decided to pass by. They are a funny pair, special, and they loved us from the start. You can´t not love Lenor y Pablo. For me to see their baptism...for them to have lived most of their lives and have the chance to be baptized. Clean!


What I´ve realized is that making mistakes is fine, to stop trying isn´t fine. Just like everything else, we need to try and try and try and try again until we become good at something. I enjoyed hearing President Packer mention that understanding the atonement, just like everything else, takes practice. How grateful I am that we´re not expected to be perfect! Only that we never stop wanting to be better. President mentioned he had an interview with an Elder who said he had really tried the past week and was feeling down after not seeing any success. He told this elder "lucky for us you weren´t Nefi!" Think about it. The kind of person who returns 1,2,3 times to Jerusalem despite the fact he might die each tme. I´m definitely not there...TRYING to apply what I´m learning. That´s the hardest part, requires trusting the spirit more than myself.


 I feel like it´s a miracle I´m here, doing the things I´m doing, with my wonderful hma salas from peru. This mission, it´s rules, president and sister carter, everything about it makes sense for why I was called here.The mission doesn´t need me, I need this mission. Learning everyday.

Love you all! 

Hermana Cleveland



No comments:

Post a Comment