Thursday, May 2, 2013

Shortie



Yikes time is moving. This week is a short one. Earlier this morning we hiked Ensign Peak with half the mission and it was a spiritual experience. We are hear and we are preaching His word. Most of the pictures this week are from the hike.
Ok funnies of the week. Hermana Roades and I have biked through some ADULT sprinklers twice already. (like bullets) You think we'd learn. So funny!
People will ask me all the time if I'm understanding them. some advice for myself. SAY YES. Sure makes for an easier, more normal conversation.
Janny (Uruguay, recent convert) has said I look like a pioneer, princess kate, and today said I look like a doll. Something about the way I eat my food? I don't know what's she's thinking...she makes me smile. I ate my first mango today (Dad!) and I love them! We had a great lesson with Janeth and her husband today about the Plan of Salvation. I feel really excited and good when I'm around them. I just want to say more. It's going to take some hard core language study- but more importantly- it's going to require that I have courage and do what the spirit tells me. Because even with my limited vocabulary I know I can teach with the Spirit. The hardest part is having a prompting to say something or ask a question that doesn't quite pertain to the lesson. Those are the times when we all need to take a leap of faith and trust. That's when we see the miracles happen. Speaking of miracles, I've been trying to look for miracles happen every day. I'd say yesterday was a miracle for me in the sense that we weren't having a lot of success and we were beat. It's amazing the energy missionaries have. I know the Lord was supporting me with the energy to bike my 6th hill yesterday. Miracle in my book.At one point during the day Sister Roades and I had no one- zip- to teach. Now that is the worst feeling. Here in the SLC mission we're not allowed to go tracting- everything is by referral or through the members. Saying a prayer, we went over to a group of trailer homes and just by talking to people on the way, we were able to knock on five more potential doors. Another miracles. I'm sure miracles are happening all the time. It was a goal for Sister Roades and I to write down a miracle we say every thirty minutes! Try it familia.
Well I'm sorry it's a short one, I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment